Sunday 19 February 2017

AAA Cards - #84 Watercolour

We're getting our watercolours out this fortnight at AAA Cards and loving all the different ways they can be used.

http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2017/02/cas-game-84-watercolour.html

I chose the apply ink to an acrylic block and use it to stamp a background method for my card, currently my favourite technique.


I stamped and embossed the beautiful Uniko chrysanthemum using white embossing powder on top of the background colours. I then used a brush to add more of the same colours to the flower head to increase the intensity.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Pure Florals Chrysanthemum
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black; Versafine; Ranger distress, mustard seed, picked raspberry, spiced marmalade
Embossing: Ranger Superfine white mixed with WOW! sparkling snow

So how will you use water colours? Love seeing and learning all your clever ways with them, go see what the AAA Cards DT have created here.  We also have two fabulous Guest Designers joining us for this challenge - Bev from Uniko who is our sponsor and Michelle Bala from passionatecrafter.

Thanks for dropping by my blog today, I'm so pleased to have your company.  And keep crafting!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. wonderful arty look and vibrant colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique too, one I need to have a play with this weekend. The colours you have chosen are wonderful paired with the Chrysanthemum and I especially like how you applied more to the flower to make it POP. A wonderful showcase of Uniko. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocked it again Jane. Such a fun and eye-popping water colour effect. Showcases that Chrysanthemum to max there with the pop of white EP! Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the smooshed background, Jane - so vibrant and the chrysanthemum looks really crisp against it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous Chrysanthemum, in so bright and so vibrant colours ! That's the second time you make me want to try this technique, I really have to try it because the result on your card is just amazing ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning! Brilliant choice of colours and an excellent design.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful acrylic smooshing - love that technique! Great with the white embossing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jane! I love your watercolouring with the heat embossing. You have done this technique very well. It is one of my favourites but I am not the best at it. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Jane, that bright colour against the white is so pretty. By the way I am loving the Uniko showcase I see through your feed, the new release is awesome! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.