Saturday 26 March 2016

So Saturday

Hi! Today I'm sharing a card I made for Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge.


http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2016/03/hls-march-cas-challenge.html 

And I thought the shaped Christmas card challenge was tough, well this one really had me stumped for ages! But I eventually came up with this card:


I followed the instructions from HLS to make some faux mother of pearl card and then stamped on top of it. When it was dry I then sponged over with the same pink ink as I had used for the stamping.


I hand cut both the flower and leaves and added them on top of a strip of patterned paper and washi tape.  A simple sentiment seemed appropriate to keep this card nice and CAS.


A bit more of a close up trying to showcase the mother of pearl effect.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Beautiful Blooms II, sentiment from A Gift For You
Inks: SU, strawberry slush, wild wasabi; Memento, tuxedo black
Paper: Lawn Fawn, Beachside 6x6 pad
Other: Liquid Pearls, white opal; Washi from my stash

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, I really appreciate your time.  And keep crafting!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. So pretty, Jane ... and so deliciously CAS ... the shimmer on the bloom and leaves is just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.