Sunday 30 August 2015

AAA Cards #47 Spectacular Embossing

The last AAA Cards challenge for August starts today and we'd like to see some embossing on your card. Now this can be any type of embossing - heat, dry, using a light box or the window, embossing folders or any other that you know about and I've missed out.

http://www.aaacards.blogspot.co.uk/

I've made a couple of cards using some of my forgotten embossing folders - great to give them an airing and it's always a lovely surprise to re-discover goodies that have been neglected.

My first card is for my slowly growing Christmas stash.


I wanted to keep it really crisp and snowy white with just a nod to some traditional red.


I used three different embossing folders and a bauble/label die that I really had forgotten all about - one of the first dies I ever bought, way back when my cuttlebug was a brand spanking new toy.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Simply Said Christmas
Inks: SU, real red
Embossing: Cuttlebug
Die: Cuttlebug 

My second card is more of a wedding/anniversary type card and uses one of my all time favourite stamped sentiments - this quote regularly crops up throughout my scrapbooking albums.


I was trying to address the spectacular part of the challenge title. So I embossed onto some luxury pearlescent card and  matted it onto a sparkly already embossed background paper. I think it looks quite glam!


Supplies:
Stamp: Inkylkicious, twinchie
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Embossing: Cuttlebug
Paper/Card:  First Edition, noir & chic; pearlescent card from my stash

Now this is the part where I say - over to you. But before you go grab your embossing gear spend a little time soaking up the DT gorgeousness that is waiting for you at AAA Cards - you'll be properly impressed!

Your visit to my blog is really valued and I thank you for dropping by today, come back again soon please.

And keep crafting! 

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, Jane. I love your snowy white Christmas Card... the red pops so beautifully and I love the hanging ornaments. I need an engagement card, and I have the EF you used in your second card. It is perfect for a wedding or engagement. Thanks for the reminder. Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning Jane. Both unique and fabulous. Great to see a Christmas card there too and love the white on white with just the hint of red on the twine. SArah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!!! LOVE the embossing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I really like all the white-on-white. Beautiful and very sentimental too, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of embossing folders - especially on that pearlescent paper - so pretty and and that sentiment is beautiful! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've done the embossing into the pearlescent card. I get mixed results when I try that...A very glam card. The Noel card is so clean, fresh and modern and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.