Wednesday 18 March 2015

Wednesday Words

Wow! Look at March week 3's sketch at Let's Get Sketchy! So much going on and so out of my comfort zone! But curiously I loved it straight away and was excited to get scrapping.

http://www.letsgetsketchy.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/team-week-3.html

And it was perfect for this page. Now I don't often get to scrap girly themed pages so this was an absolute treat and I so enjoyed creating, what is for me, an extremely heavily embellished page. And with flowers! And with purple! I was in heaven! Such a joy!


This is Vic's first ever Mother's Day - here in the UK it's in March. And Andrew wanted to make it special for her, so both grannies were invited and he cooked his first ever Sunday roast. I'll be making a separate page about that with loads of journalling, but I was so proud of him that I thought it deserved a mention here.



Look at all the flowers and flourishes! These flowers have been hiding in my stash for ever. I made them years ago when I was very into exploding boxes and couldn't bear to throw them away once that phase was over - see hoarding does eventually have a purpose!


I didn't have any purple alphas, so I die cut my title letters from the same paper as the three journalling strips. And then I found these tiny stickers to add magic underneath.

Supplies:
Papers: KN, Hip-hip-hooray; LOTV, NitWits; ep, Winter Wishes
Alphas: Szzix, Vintage Market; stickers from my stash
Stamps: SU, Gorgeous Grunge; Clearly Besotted, Sunburst; Inkylicious, Some Moments; swirl from my stash; AC, Dear Lizzy date stamp
Inks: SU, wisteria wonder, marina mist
Punches: Matha Stewart daisy & butterfly, Tonic studio, butterfly; Dovrcraft, daisy; Ppaper Shapers, swirl
Embellishments: Scrap 365, wooden shapes; Ppaermanis, adhesive stones
 
So pleased you stopped by my blog today, thank you.

And keep crafting!

post signature

12 comments:

  1. The aqua and purple goes so well together. Loving the precious photo and flower spray.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch.the photo is lovely..Thanks for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and beautiful page! LOVE the flowers and such a great pictures. You look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE this so much, sweet ladies, love them SMILES!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love the color just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous take on the sketch! Thank you for sharing it with us at Let's Get Sketchy!
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers look great as does your splattering on your background. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty. Love the color scheme. Thanks for playing at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable sweet page and love all the flowers!! thanks for playing with LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page! Thanks for joining us @ LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.