Thursday 26 February 2015

CAS Colours & Sketches #113

The last CAS Colours & Sketches challenge for February. How quickly time flies! And how soon it will be March and my first stint as hostess to the challenges - scary!

So this week it's a gem of a sketch and right in my comfort zone. My card almost made itself!

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/

So I started by stamping and hand cutting the flower and then found a scrap of black spotty card for the banner. I love the black against the lilac.


I kept the colour scheme CAS by using a piece of embossed white card for the background square. I thought the dots picked up on the black card and I rounded the corners to contrast with the banner spikes.


A coil of black twine just added a bit of balance. And I stamped the sentiment onto white card before adhering to the black banner.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Beautiful Blooms 1 & sentiment from A Gift For You
Inks: Memento, lilac posies, tuxedo black
Embossing: Cuttlebug, swiss dots
Punch: Xcut, corner rounder
Embellishments: twine from my stash

Well that's me done for today. I'm so pleased you dropped by, thank you. And keep crafting!

Oh and belateldly I'm going to enter this card into Uniko Studio's current challenge as encouraged by Bev in my comments.





post signature

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the simplicity but the power this card has!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Jane! I love the POP of pink and polka dots. This would be perfect for the current Uniko challenege too! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower really pops against the simple white and black color scheme. I like the coiled twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking, stunning and gorgeous Jane.
    Love the mix of colours and thanks for playing at uniko.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you linked up to Uniko too. I adore your idea of the White dotted card and the black polka dot, it really does pick up on this, such a great design x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, so pretty!!! Thanks for joining the Uniko Studio Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grogeous!!! I think this is my favourite US flower - love the pop of lilac against the background. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko Studio Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bright, fresh and 'proper' CAS interpretation of the sketch Jane. Gorgeous. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.