Monday 14 July 2014

Monday Moments back at The Memory Nest

Today is my second and final spot as a guest designer over at The Memory Nest. Thank you Leslie for this brilliant opportunity. I've really had fun and got a big buzz from seeing my work on your blog!

Here's the sketch for today's challenge.

http://www.thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk/

Hmm, getting a bit of deja vu here.  Reminds me of my card from yesterday for the AAA Cards game. But today it's a scrapbook page and couldn't look more different!


I went trawling through my old albums as I knew the photos from back then always had a white border that look like window frames.  I chose three photos and decided to make my own journal card to take the place of the last square. I started by stamping a grid onto pale blue card and then overstamped this with grasses and a sentiment circle in grey ink.



Next I gave some thought to the diagonal elements and cut and placed some paper strips and the two die cut circles onto the background paper.  I wanted to make the strips more prominent without overshadowing the photos so I stitched some zig-zag and straight lines with my sewing machine. The photos and journalling card were then adhered.



I used alpha stickers for the title - in a different place from the sketch as I felt it suited my layout better to have it in the middle of the photos. I added my journalling, using fullstops from the same alpha sheet as bullet points.

Finally, just to balance the whole page, I stamped some grasses and dragonflies in the top left and bottom right corners. And so my page was complete. 



By the way I'm the one to the right of the bottom photo - always a pleasure to remember I was slim once upon a time!



Supplies:
Papers: Bazill Basics Cardstock; October Afternoon, Make it Merry (both sides used for the strips); scraps from my stash
Alphas: ep, Winter Park
Stamps: Hobby Art, Anna's Collection - Just For You; Maya Road, Spool sentiments; Kaisercraft, grid
Ink: Memento, London fog
Die: Xcut, spiro circles

Thank you once again to Leslie and also to all of you who take the time to visit my blog. It is very much appreciated.

Jane
 ***
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.