Thursday 3 April 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Today Lincolnshire is supposed to be getting the worst of the air pollution that's been plagueing the UK this week.  Well it certainly looks gloomy, but so far thankfully no evidence of the smog clouds that I've seen on the television.

A card for The Male Room seemed appropriate as their theme is Science Fiction.  Well to me that means space travel out into the blackness searching for stars and was just the excuse I needed to break open my new Clearly Besotted Superstar stamp set.  The sentiment is just so positive and aspirational - love it!

I started by die cutting some stars into textured black card and placing my current go to favourite paper by doodlebug behind the apertures.  Next I picked one of the colours from the paper for my stamped star.  I cut it out and mounted it onto pads before placing it onto the outer space darkness. And then my own little space odyssey was complete - hope you like it.



Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Superstar
Inks: Adirondack, pool; Versa Magic, cloud white
Die: Xcut
Paper: doodlebug, take note 

Also have just realised I've not expressed my thanks for picking my card as one of the winners for a previous challenge at The Male Room. So here's the badge I'm proud to display!

winners badge 

I now just need to tidy up by sharing my March calendar and then I can settle down to embrace some new challenges for April - something very exciting happening to share later this month :)






Thanks for dropping by today.

Jane
 ***


4 comments:

  1. Jane - I really like your take on the Science Fiction theme - always brings space travel to mind to me too! I think your starry sky is fab and I do like the hint of colour in the stars! Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun take on the Sci Fi challenge - Thanks for joining in with The Male Room~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane this is amazing!!! Love it!! Congrats on your top 3, I am starting to enter more masculine cards too, I have SO many male family members!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, it's so stunningly simple, the apertures and the popped up star are perfect compliments and the sentiment too. Thanks for playing along again at The Male Room and congrats on the win

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.