Friday 7 February 2014

Friday Focus

Today my focus is on one of my favourite stamp collections from Uniko Studio.  I may have said this before, but it's been such a revelation for me it's worth saying again, finding stamps like these has completely changed how I make cards.  I used to buy a stamp, use it to make a card and then put it away and forget about it.  Now I get the same stamps out over and over and make loads of cards that are all completely different - the stamps are just that versatile.

First up is my entry for their current layout challenge.  At first I thought about snowflakes falling or maybe hearts with Valentine's day coming up, but finally I decided to turn the sketch upside down and make a bright summery card to counteract all the grey skies and rain we've been having recently.

I placed my sentiment where the circle would have been and with a healthy dose of pink, some purple and yellow, a little pricking and loads of adhesive pearls my card was complete.



 

Supplies:
Stamps:  Uniko Studio, All Occasion Sentiments #1, Flower Power #1 & #2, Natures Treasures 1
Inks: Versa Color, 12 Marigold, 17 Violet, 34 Orchid, 42 Lime
Embellishments: Adhesive pearls and spotty card

My other share today is a Valentine themed card I made a while ago when I first received these new stamps. No prizes for guessing the colour I used - well maybe you would assume red, but my blog is a big clue!  

I wanted to string the hearts together to look like a hanging mobile, that was easy enough, but it took many practice attempts to get the bow looking at all decent. Maybe I should buy Beverley's bow stamp! 

A couple of accent strips and some gems and I was pleased with how this turned out. Such brilliant stamps it's hard to go wrong!


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Always & Forever, Flower Power #3
Ink: Memento, grape jelly
Embellishments: adhesive gems 

Thanks for dropping by today.

Jane
 ***  

2 comments:

  1. The pricking technique looks good. I've bought a mat, stencils and tool but not used them yet...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two FABulous cards. Firstly I love how you flipped the sketch & it turned out awesomely & secondly those purple hearts are divine and I love the layout you've used. Thank you SO much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.