Sunday 1 December 2013

Sunday Slot

So it's begun - that magical time of year when Christmas is on everyone's mind.  This year I will be making an album for December following Shimelle's prompts on her Journal Your Christmas workshop.  This will be the third year I've made an album and I'm waiting now for the first email prompt to come through so I can get started. Don't you just love Christmas!

Today's card, of course, had to be a Christmas one and the colours from Color Throwdown are so icy and sophisticated who could resist? When I was shoppoing last week in nottingham I saw a tag card that spoke to me and I've based my layout on that card.  I used silver mirri card to try to get some of that pure icy silvery feel and have added glitter to the star and holly berries - which doesn't really show on the photo.

  

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Modern Christmas & Holiday Sentimants
Inks: Memento, pistachio, bamboo leaves, London fog; Ranger distress ink, bundled sage round the edges
Embellishments: Stickles, Star Dust

Advent Calendar task 1: Eat chocolate - might as well start the season as I mean to go on!

Thanks for dropping by today.

Jane
 


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the offset tree behind the main one! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane love your tree and the holly looks wonderful!! Sweet card!! Thanks for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love how you made the tag with all of its sparkle as the focal image on your card. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tree design! Love your description of "icy and sophisticated"...fits perfectly IMO. So happy to have you play along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.