Tuesday 17 September 2013

Tuesday Talk

Another Christmas card today. seems the chilly weather is affecting my card choices.  This card is super chilly though with all its shades of blue and icy sparkle. I'm glad it's not that cold yet!

I used the layout from CAS Colours & Sketches turned upside down and started by stamping the snowflakes onto white card.  I then added the two pieces of patterned paper to the base of the card and stamped and coloured the skater in blue to keep the chilly theme going. I used my pointy circle die as it just felt more approriate for a spiky icicle feel. A little sparkle under the skates and some blue gems and I was done.  I really enjoy using the layouts from CAS, they seem to be my sort of style and I don't need to take ages figuring out what I want to do - a real comfort secure non threatening crafting experience.


  

Supplies:
Stamps: Marianne, Winter Fun
Ink: Memento, Paris dusk, teal zeal, Summer sky
Paper: ep, Winter Wishes
Colours: Promarkers
Die: xcut
Embellishments: Stickles, Star dust, gems

LSNED Day 16: Today I was thinking about how I like to be organised and can't bear to get behind even when there is really 'no behind'.  Everything about Shimelle's workshop is selfpaced and relaxed, but for me I hate it on days when I don't complete the prompt on the day it is supposed to be about and give myself lots of unnecessary grief. It's just the way I am, but I need to remind myself sometimes not to be so intense. Lesson needing to be learnt  - I need to loosen up.



Thanks for looking.

Jane


1 comment:

  1. Really like your Christmas card, )Great colour choice too- icy blues and whites. You are right, the spiky circle is just right for your little skater. Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge this week at CC&S and glad you like our sketches

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.