Tuesday 10 September 2013

Tuesday Talk

Well if I've managed to crack the schedule option you'll be reading this - if not then I'll have to apologise in my next post when I'm back home!

Today I want to acknowledge the Big Picture Class badge I've had on my blog for the last couple of days, but not mentioned in my posts.  This class is really awesome and FREE!
Big Picture Classes


I've done a few Big Picture Class workshops before, both paid and free, and found them to be so professional. The emails always arrive to schedule and are in my inbox first thing each morning - I find this so amazing as there is obviously a time difference between here and America.

This class is all about remembering when you were growing up and I've dipped my toes into it a bit,  visiting Pinterest to find images about the 1950s and 60s. What a memory jerker that is, so many memories waiting to be re-awoken by the viewing of a picture! I've started my own pinterest board here.

I've decided to save the journalling and making of a mini album until October as I'm doing Shimelle's Learn Something New Everyday during September.  That's another amazing value class if you like journalling and once you've paid for one year you have lifetime membership and can do the class each year at no extra cost.

 Learn Something New Every Day :: an online scrapbooking class at shimelle.com


I also want to share the beginnings of my new sewing project - a Japanese folded patchwork bag. I'm using a pattern written by the talented Liz Hands, who among other things is a tutor running workshops at Stitchcraft Studio, Grantham.

All my fabrics chosen and squares cut out.


Circles sewn.

 Circles turned through and pressed ready to begin handsewing.

I think I'm making good progress! Watch out for the next installment coming soon (maybe).

Thanks for looking and I'm sure I really chilled out by now!

Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.