Thursday 26 September 2013

Thursday Thoughts

A purple card to share today - YAY!

I used the layout from Sketch Saturday as my starting point. First up I stamped the images to build a picture and then got out my inkylicious brushes to add the background colour and the masked off sun. Then I set about putting the card together and decided to turn and flip the sketch to get the balance right.

I experimented with patterned and plain papers and card for the horizontal and vertical elements, but none of them quite gave the look I wanted.  So in the end I plumped for my favourite stand-by of scoring lines on the base card. Finally I added the gems, and opted for three, one didn't quite seem balanced.



  
Supplies:
Stamps: Lavinia Stamps, butterflies, group poppies, field grass, dandelions 2
Ink: Adirondack, purple twilight, raspberry, eggplant; Memento, toffee crunch; Ranger distress, dusty concord
Embellishments: ribbon 7 gems from my stash

Yesterday I went over to Claire's shop in Horncastle for a zentangle workshop. As always Claire had rocked this and I made two fantastic cards. It was a very quiet workshop as we were all so busy concentrating on our doodle patterns and both relaxing and eye boggling at the same time. So here are my cards ....



LSNED Day 25: Today I was thinking about things that make me happy and straight into my mind popped my pink toenails.  I did go on and have more meaningful thoughts too, but I stuck with my toenails for the photo.  And it did provide me with a light hearted lesson as I'd used basecoat, free with my recent Ragdale purchases, for the first time and learnt - nail polish goes on so much easier if you use basecoat.


Thanks for looking.

Jane








2 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch this week, wonderful card Jane. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards (and your nails!) Fab card for Sketch Saturday challenge, I love the embossed lines and the gorgeous stamping you've done. Thanks for playing along with Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.