Thursday 19 September 2013

Thursday Thoughts

I'm off to Sir Stampalot, Peterborough today, a dream of a shop if you love stamping. So I'm going to try to be quick enough to get this post finished before I go.

My first card is another Christmas card - beginning to build up my stash so maybe I'll have enough made by December. I used the Sketch Saturday layout and some free paper from Papercraft Inspirations magazine. I don't have a long thin oval die and as it's a difficult shape to cut with scissors I opted for a rounded corner rectangle instead and mounted it on pads and tucked the star under. Other than that I pretty much stuck to the layout. And no sparkle!

 
Supplies:
Stamp: Little Claire, Oh Christmas Tree; KaiserCraft, Turtle Dove sentiment
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black, cottage ivy
Paper: Papercraft Inspirations magazine freebie


My second card is for Lavinia Stamps September challenge - Add A Flower. Once again my favourite purple colours and a very beautiful stamp and sentiment which I've used many times particularly for 'thinking of you' type cards. Am totally in love with this card!


Supplies:
Stamps: Lavinia Stamps, Fairy Wish & sentiment
Ink Adirondack, eggplant; Ranger distress ink, chipped sapphire, dusty concord, faded jeans
Punch: tonic studio
Embellishments: Stickles, star dust 
 
Thanks for looking.

Jane 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Jane, great use of the sketch on the first one - clean and simple. Love the colors and flowers on the second. Thanks so much for joining us this this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - the purple works so well. Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards Jane....love the tiny flowers...just right for our challenge
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Christmas tree Jane! Such a lovely card :)
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.