Thursday 12 September 2013

Thursday Thoughts

I'm back to complete normality again now with a trip to the supermarket with my dad underlining this fact! But hey while I was away some of my creations have been chosen to be featured on a couple of blogs.  This always causes great excitement and makes me feel uplifted.  So thank you so much to The Memeory Nest which is showing three of my scrapbook pages here and to Freshly Made Sketches where I am Jen T's choice.


    Copy and paste our badge for your blog! 

While I was away my new stamps from Lavinia arrived - my prize for winning their August blog challenge. So with Halloween not being that far away I thought I'd make a card along those lines.  This is not something I've done before, but thought it would be fun to send my grandsons a Halloween card as I know they like to get dressed up and do a bit of trick or treating at friend's houses.

I used the layout from Sketch Saturday and the gorgeous Willow the Witch stamp and added some sparkle magic to her staff and fingers as she mixes up her bat potion. I found some Halloween paper lurking in my magazine freebies box and cut the sentiment from a cuttlebug die left over from when my oldest son had a Halloween themed thirtieth birthday party. I then added a spider on a sparkly thread for good measure and my first ever Halloween card was done.


 
Supplies:
Stamps: Lavinia Stamps, Willow the Witch, Bats, Spider
Ink: Versafine, black
Die: cuttlebug
Embellishments: Stickles, lime green
Paper: from Making Cards magazine

LSNED: Day 9 - Thinking about my Nana and how she influenced my love of fabrics and taught me the basics of sewing which I'm now putting to good use with other newer skills in my patchwork. Lesson learnt - to value old skills and update them occasionally.


Day 10 - thinking about all the reasons why I love Ragdale. Lesson learnt - food is always best when someone else cooks.
 Day 11 - Thinking about and looking at the photos I took during my stay at Ragdale and how their furnishing colour schemes were so pretty. Lesson learnt - to use some of these colour combinations in  card making.
So that 's me caught up with LSNED - phew! thanks for looking.

Jane

1 comment:

  1. Great Halloween card Jane, very spooky ;). Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.