Sunday 15 September 2013

Sunday Slot

I'm typing very gingerly today as my finger tips are really sore. This is because I spent most of yesterday afternoon & evening and this morning tacking together the layers of my quilt. I'd forgotten just how sharp the non-sharp end of a needle can be, no wonder they used to use thimbles!

So now only  - said advisably - the actual quilting to do. Oh and finishing off all the thread ends and of course the final binding of the edges. Think it will take me a while then! Hoping to get it done before Christmas.

I also want to share the scrapbook page I made about my two grandsons first day back at school.  For the younger one it was literally his first day at school and for the older there was the pressure of having a younger sibling to potentially show you up.  Any way despite all my negative feelings about four year olds in school, he naturally loves it and feels it's where he should be alongside his brother and so far so good on the embarrassment front.

I'm entering this page into September's Have I got Scrap for you challenge at UKScrappers.  The challenge was to only use scraps to create a layout, so I went with the look of a project life page although it is really just elements stuck onto a 12 x 12 page.  As all the papers and stickers are leftover scraps I'm not able to write a supply list, but I do know the alpha is AC thickers.


LSNED Day 14: A day spent thinking about Autumn, my favourite season of the year.  As I was busy patchworking the cooler damp evening sort of crept up on me and hence the lesson, one I forget every year at the end of Summer's long warm evenings! Lesson learnt - I need to get the washing in earlier.



Thanks for looking.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.