Sunday 22 September 2013

Sunday Show & Share

Thought it was time for another post where I share some cards I've made using inspiration from cards I've found on other people's blogs.

My first card is a Christmas card using this card as a starting point.


It really caught my eye with its traditional colours but very modern look.  Debby has lots of beautiful cards on her blog and a visit is very inspiring. I used a background builder stamp from Uniko Studio, then coloured the circles red and green using promarkers.


My second card is an adaptation of this beautiful card from Clearly Besotted.  I have only discovered these stamps recently and am just beginning to build a stash.  I love the simple style of the cards made by Stephanie and always want to emulate her designs.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Background Builders Round in Circles,;Kaisercraft, Turtle Dove
Ink: Memento, tuxedo balsk, London fog 
Die: Spellbinders, labels 8
Promarker: pine, cardinal red




Supplies:
Stamp: Uniko Studio, Flower Power #3
Ink: Memento, London fog, Rose Bud
Embellishment: Twine from my stash
 
My version uses a Uniko Studio stamp and I think it translates really well.  This card is definitely finding its way into my favourites box to wait for the right occasion to use it. I'm making so many cards at the moment that I intend to give most away to raise funds for charity, but there is always the odd one or two that I hang on to for personal use.

My last show and share card gets its inspiration from Nicki, one of Uniko Studio's design team.

 

 My card really is just a straight copy apart from the change of colour, sentiment and pattern at the bottom.  I thought it was such a beautifully simple card that I could make a set of them in different colours to package up as a Christmas present for my aunt who always writes thank you letters even if the gift is hand delivered - think it's a generation thing.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Background Builders, Chevrons, Flower Power #1, All Occasion Sentiments #3
Inks: Memento, London fog, Rose Bud

LSNED Day 21: Today I was pondering on the significance of weekends now that I am retired. When I was working full time Saturdays were very busy catching up with housework, washing etc. Then when I worked part time, Saturday was a work day.  But now that I'm fully retired Saturdays are a favourite when I get to do mostly things for myself. So lesson learnt - weekends are still different now I'm retired. The photo is a bit random today, but the late afternoon sun cast such pretty shadows I couldn't resist using it.


Thanks for looking.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.