Saturday 21 September 2013

Saturday Scribbles

The weekend already! My plans for today are fairly vague, but I do want to get some more of my quilting done and there is a magazine that has been sitting on my shelf unopened for a couple of weeks.

Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page about my son's first ever boat, my horror that he took my grandson out in it and his sheer joy at this boyish adventure.  I used the layout from Sarah's Cards September challenge and the watery theme from The Memory Nest. I chose cogs instead of stars as they looked a bit like a ship's wheel and my interactive element is two mini photos that pull out from underneath the main photo.




           

Supplies:
Dies: Spellbinders, small labels & cogs 
Papers: just bits & pieces from my stash
Embellishments & alphas: from my stash 

LSNED Day 20: Today's page is all about something that friends would use to describe me. Well the obvious one here is the colour purple, but I also had fun on Pinterest looking at my star sign Capricorn.  I already knew I was pretty much a typical Capricorn, but it still came as a shock to realise just how often I was thinking 'Yep that's me'.  Lesson learnt - I'm even more of a Capricorn than I realised.






Thanks for looking.

Jane


8 comments:

  1. The cogs are great! And great job with the hidden photos. I love the tabs for them. Hearts from the Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane. this is such a beautiful page. thanks for playing along with our challenge. I always love seeing your amazing work. :)
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout!!! I love the blue background with the fun orange and red mixed in. I love your hidden aspect too with the tab. Thanks for playing another with our challenge at The Memory Nest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane!
    Love that little photo which pops out behind the big photo!
    Awesome :)
    Thank you joining as on tMN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane! Love the little pull out photo's and great journalling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your page the colors are perfect and I love your pictures that Pull out. Thank you for joining us at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I'm loving the fun cogs, the design is awesome and great work with interactive part of the challenge. Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page. Thanks for joining in at Sarahscards.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.