Saturday 14 September 2013

Saturday Scribbles

Another Saturday and a whole day to myself with nothing to do. HA ha! I've just written myself a list of what I want to get done today and it looks ominous. Scary even! But I do love a list and crossing things off to get that sense of achievement. Just wondering is it cheating to put things on that can be done in a moment so I can have the pleasure of crossing things off?

Today I want to share a card I made combining two challenges - brownie points for this! I used the layout from Freshly Made Sketches and the colours from Color Throwdown. I like the tag look of the card and the colours are so retro. This is one of those I'm actually really pleased with the result cards and maybe if I used a more masculine paper it would be a good one for one of the men in my family.


    
Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, All Occasion Sentiments #2 & #3
Ink: Memento, rich cocoa, toffee crunch, tangelo, teal zeal
Paper: Paper Cellar, Floral 2
Embossing: Cuttlebug, Swiss dots
Embellishments: buttons from my stash

LSNED Day 13: Today's lesson was all about having the courage to write my blog.  It was about this time last year that I made a page about something I'd like to do in the future that I found scary. This was  part of a Big Picture Class workshop. So it's only taken me nine months to actually get on and do it, which is not bad considering I thought back then that it was something so out of my comfort zone I'd never ever achieve it. Lesson learnt - Never be too scared to have a go.


Thanks for looking.

Jane

4 comments:

  1. Love that splashy designer paper print! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jane! I love that texture! Love the colour in the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and I love your page....both are wonderful!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.