Saturday 7 September 2013

Saturday Scribbles

Hey! Welcome to a lovely fresh sunny morning and the beginning of the week-end. A few chores to do today and then I'm going to cut out some fabric squares for a new project. No I haven't finished the quilt, but I'm waiting for a parcel to arrive with the wadding and backing fabric, so I thought I'd make a start on a much smaller item - a bag. More about this in future posts.

Today's challenge entry is a scrapbook page for the Memory Nest. This is the last of the photos I intend to scrap (at the moment, things change) from the family's recent visit. I only used paper scraps for this page and built a messy stack behind the photo as a starting point. I then added the pointy circles and washi tape and repeated this in a smaller format at the top left. Next came the title - using the word again from the challenge - and the journalling.  Finally I splashed some inks, after covering the photo,  to help the flow of the page.


 

Supplies:
Paper: Lots of scrapsincluding AC chap & ep little boy
Inks: Mister Huey color mists
Alphas: AC thickers and others from my stash 

LSNED Day 6: I have a gratitude journal that was beginning to gather dust recently and I was thinking it's time I wrote in it again. Then I discovered in today's prompt that a page from my 2012 album has been featured on the handout - well how exciting to see that pop up! So no excuses not to write about being grateful now. Lesson learnt - remember to write in my gratitude journal.


Thanks for looking.

Jane

7 comments:

  1. Amazing layout!! You have such a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Thank you for playing along with us at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of your scraps! And I love the splatters. You can never go wrong with splatters! =) Hearts from the M.N.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing layout. I love all of your misting and layers. Thanks for playing along at The Memory Nest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very cool layout! I love the fun pointy circles, the ink splats and all the fun layers! Fabulous job! Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane. I love what you did with the challenge. Thank you for playing along with the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, wanted to let you know that your layout was featured! Congrats!

      Delete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.