Friday 6 September 2013

Friday Focus

Once again I managed to combine two challenges and I'm delighted with the colours and the layout.  This card will be going straight into the post once I've written inside it.  The colours are from Color Throwdown and just amazingly classic. I thought at first the sage was going to make an awful clash with the other two greens, but the chocolate brown seems to balance things out.

The layout from Freshly Made Sketches is a very familiar type for me and is very reminiscent of many cards I've made in the past, albeit they were much more cutesy and layered up.Once again I added an embossed line either side of the vertical strip. After some thought I decided twine with a button was more suitable than ribbon. Hope you like it!

 Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio , Flower Power #1 & #3, All Occasion Sentiments #1
Ink: Memento, rich cocoa, pistachio
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Follow your heart
Twine & button from my stash

LSNED Day 5: I was thinking about how quickly time passes by and how my baby grandson is now a schoolboy - how did that happen so fast? Lesson: Be present and enjoy the moment.





Thanks for looking.

Jane

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful design! The embossed lines are the perfect detail on your clean, crisp card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, again a delicately lovely card!!

    You are right, time is a precious gift not to be wasted. It flies by and in a candle flicker everything has changed. Glad you are enjoying your grand children so!!

    Keep crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your CAS version of the sketch! So pretty .....in my faves file !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love that you simplified the sketch; it looks great this way. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful CAS design...love how you created the sentiment along the side...fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful use of the colors!! Perfect images...scored lines are a nice touch with the horizontal panel!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Jane! I love how you combined the colors and the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.