Thursday 15 August 2013

New day 4

It was good-bye to the grandchildren this morning and an early start as they needed to be on the road by 6:15am to travel to Liverpool to get the morning ferry back to the Isle of Man. The weather is suitable gloomy to match my mood and a visit to the dentist hasn't made things any more cheery.  So a scrapbook page using a photo from their visit was needed to make me smile through my sadness.

I love this photo of William running up and down the garden in the early morning sunshine so completely involved in his imaginative play that he didn't even notice I was taking photos.  Usually it's "let me see" straight away - definitely a child of this everything instantly generation.

I used this hexagonal based layout from Sketch Saturday as I wanted to make the photo the focus your eye went to immediately and thought this more unusual shape was just the ticket. I did consider adding the journalling to the banner strip, but wasn't sure I would be able to fit in everything I wanted to say, so I went for the safer option of journalling straight on the page. I matched my colour choices to William's pyjamas and fishing net and I'm really pleased with how this page turned out


 

Supplies:
Paper: American Crafts, craft cardstock; October Afternoon, cakewalk
Alphas: American Crafts, thickers subway; ep, a perfect summer
Ink: Mister Huey's Color Mists, opaque white, plum thumb, dark calico, sunshine
Embellishments: stickers & buttons from my stash

Thanks for looking.

Jane

1 comment:

  1. Love your layout - fabulous use of the sketch Jane! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week. ~Deb

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.