Friday 30 August 2013

Friday Focus

After the excitement of yesterday I've now got my feet back down on the ground and am ready to try to make it all happen another time.

Today it's a card for Freshly Made Sketches.  The sketch looked so like a scrapbook page I almost forgot it had to be used for a card, but sense prevailed in the end.  I really like using banners or flags and immediately reached for my Uniko Studio Background Builders stamp sets.  Also just had to crack open my new sentiment set and use the absolutely awesome AWESOME! I can see this appearing on my scrapbook pages soon.

The colour inspiration was so pretty from Colour Q and had me searching through my inks to find the best match. Such an unusual and different colour mix which I would never have thought of by myself, but I think it works really well. Just shows you need to break out from old habits every now and then.




Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Background Builders - Round in Circles & Chevrons, All Occasion Sentiments #2 
Inks: Adirondack, watermelon; Memento, teal zeal & bamboo leaves; Tim Holtz distress ink, dusty concord
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Follow your Heart
Embossing: Cuttlebug folder  

Thanks for looking.

Jane 

4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card Jane! I love the clean design and fresh colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun card, Jane, love the dots theme you have going on! So happy you played with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic flags Jane, great design. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work! I'm so glad you joined us this week at the Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.